While running a business you are bound to work on different projects and stay connected with all the people who are on your team. In order to keep everything organized and go according to plan, you would need the assistance of a software. This is where project management comes into the picture.
If your project is based on WordPress then the whole job of managing your projects will be streamlined. WordPress will offer you great creative solutions which will enable you to manage all your projects from the dashboard itself.
WordPress repository has a number of plugins which will enable you to handle all your project requirements effectively. The best part is that these plugins are available for free. Below I am going to showcase the top 5 WordPress project management plugins which will streamline the job of managing all your projects.
UpStream is WordPress project management plugin that will enable you to manage all your projects irrespective of their type. One great feature of the plugin is that you can manage all your projects from the WordPress website itself. The front-end project view will allow your clients to keep a watch on the progress of their projects. There is a wide range of extensions through which you will be able to extend the features and add front-end editing capabilities to your projects. You will be able to link the tasks and milestones with each other that will result in better efficiency.
- Front end-templates are customizable.
- The plugin will offer you automatic progress tracking.
- An interactive Project Discussion thread is included.
- The roles for managers and users are built-in which means that there is no need for an additional plugin.
- You will be able to customize the permissions and capabilities which will allow you to assign the tasks of projects efficiently.
WP Project Manager
Now you will be able to manage all your projects right under the WordPress dashboard through WP Project Manager. This free WordPress project management plugin has an integration with Subtask, Time Tracker, Kanban Board, BuddyPress, Invoice and WooCommerce. The plugin is also available in a premium version if you need the additional features. WP Project Manager will allow you to create a project so that you can assign a specific task to the users. In the free version of the plugin, you will be able to create the to-do lists and set up milestones. For enhancing the functionality of the plugin you can utilize the add-ons.
- The plugin will enable you to collaborate with the different team members on the basis of their user level.
- You will be able to add a to-do list, assign a due date and add tasks.
- All the completed projects can be archived.
- Have a watch over the current statuses of your projects.
- You will be able to control user controls, co-workers and your clients.
Project Manager by TPC
Project Manager by TPC has a similar feature-list to the WP Project Manager plugin that has been mentioned above. You will be able to create new projects, notify the members and work with tasks. The plugin has a file management system that will enable you to add the attachments that are to be shared among the different participants. The installation process and using the plugin is quite easy. After starting a project you will be able to set its status as completed, published, pending, draft, archive or move it to trash. The plugin will make list of the projects instead of individual tiles.
- There is no need for add-ons or premium versions.
- The plugin offers a responsive UI which will ensure that the different aspects, like the form elements are more condensed and stretch 100% width.
- Improved layout and UI elements.
- The plugin is quite easy to use.
- You will be able to work with to-do lists and milestones.
Kanban Boards is utilized for the organizations tracking sales, customer relationship management (CRM), hiring new employees, scheduling content publishing and much more. Installing the plugin is quite easy. You will be able to assign tasks to your team members that will ensure that they will perform them. If you are looking for some extra features then you can make use of the paid add-ons. These include to-do lists, multiple boards, notifications, task flagging and much more. The plugin will work seamlessly on your mobile. All the data will be stored separately in order to provide better security and privacy.
- The plugin will enable you to add a quick update through the dashboard itself.
- The customized filters will make it quite easy for you to search for the tasks. These can be bookmarked for an easy access later on.
- Due to its mobile compatibility it will be quite useful for people who are on the go.
- The Custom Swim Lanes are a great feature of the plugin.
- All your project data will be secure as it is saved in a different location than the WordPress files.
WP Customer Area
WP Custom Area is an effective WordPress project management plugin which is used largely in CRM (Customer Relationship Management) domain. The plugin is an all-in-one solution that will manage all your private content. You will be able to share your files and pages with a single as well as multiple users. The appearance of the plugin can be customized by making use of your own templates and themes. The plugin has a secure customer area which is accessible to the logged-in users. You can install the plugin free of cost and it will suffice the needs of most of the users.
- The plugin will enable you to create private pages for a definite user access.
- There is a secure customer area that can be utilized as a secure client area.
- As a user, you will be able to share the private files with your clients or the other people which are related to the project.
- The appearance can be customized by making use of themes and extensions.
- The plugin will provide you features like invoicing, ownership and conversations.
In The End
All the plugins which are mentioned in this post are the top rated WordPress project management plugins. There are certain unique features which are included by these plugins. Based on the requirements of your project you can choose a plugin which best suits your project needs.