GeekLove is our most successful theme so far, and definitely one of the best Wedding themes for WordPress. After one year and over 1000+ users, we collected important user feedback with a recent survey and planned release a major update. So, here it is…GeekLove v2.0.
What are the new features?
- WPML compatibility
Now you can have a multilingual wedding site using the WordPress multilingual plugin.
- Gravity Forms compatibility
Using Gravity Forms builder and Gravity Forms + Custom Post Types plugin, you will be able to create forms and map them to the Events that you have already created. Then you can output the newly created form at your homepage by simply pasting the Gravity form shortcode into a text widget.
- Stag Custom Sidebars compatibility
Using our Stag Custom Sidebars plugin you can create many “widgetized” pages like the homepage. For example you can create a dedicated page where you can have the rsvp widget.
- Section: Static Content widget
Our popular widget which allows you to output contents from a static page is now at GeekLove. Go nuts!
- RSVP section improvements.
We added an option for ‘Not attending’, and added ‘Max number of guests allowed’ and ‘Button label’ option in ‘RSVP Form’ Widget.
- Photo Gallery improvements
Now every single gallery created, can have it own page. It’s no more limited to Gallery Page Template only.
- Huge performance improvements
Optimized hundred lines of code, and gained performance boost.
Should I Update?
Yes, definitely. Updating is highly recommended. However you must keep in mind that once you update you will need to do a re-configure a couple of things, because your existing homepage will be affected. But it won’t be a big again, as reconfiguring the homepage is one easy-peasy job.
The big difference is where you will have to put your homepage widgets. Until the previous version there was already a “Homepage Widgets” widget area. Now, with v2, upon installing the Stag Custom Sidebars plugin, you must follow these simple steps:
- Go to Appearance > Widgets and create a new custom sidebar. Give it a name e.g. “Homepage widgets”
- Put all the widgets for the homepage in that widget area. (Chances are that your previously used widgets are at the “inactive” widgets section. Grab them from there.
- Copy the sidebar’s shortcode
- Go to pages, and open the static page that up to now you had applied the “Home” template. Paste the Sidebar’s shortcode (this one) into the content area, and apply the “widgetized” page template.
- Hit update and you are good to go.
If you need further assistance on setting up the homepage, kindly refer to the documentation.
If you need any further assistance, feel free to open a ticket at our support desk and we will help right away.
Thanks for making GeekLove our No.1 theme. You are awesome.