Here’s a video guide showing you the below steps into play – Import demo/dummy data for a Codestag WordPress Theme
The very first thing to do is, download the corresponding ZIP file from the list below and unzip it which includes our two files needed for the below steps.
1. Step One: To import content via WordPress Importer:
- If you haven’t already unzipped the downloaded zip, then do so first and get the file ending with “.xml”.
- Go to your WordPress backend and click on Tools > Import > WordPress, it will ask you to install a plugin if you haven’t already
- Once installed activate the plugin, and upload the “.xml” file from step 1.
- Once uploaded it will ask you to import the data into your WordPress user account select from the drop-down an existing user, also click on the checkbox that says Download and import file attachments. Once complete all the data will be imported into your site (Note: This can take up to 3min to import)
2. Step Two: To import widgets via Widget Importer & Exporter:
- Make sure you have Widget Importer & Exporter plugin installed & activated, if not please do so to continue with the below steps.
- Get the file ending with “.wie” from the unzipped folder.
- Go to your WordPress backend and click on Tools > Widget Importer & Exporter, it will take you to its import & export page.
- Upload the “.wie” file from step 2.
- Once the upload completes all the widgets will be imported into your site (Note: This can take up to 3min to import)